Norweska firma, Norwegia - informacje+47 239 62 127
Menu Biznes w Norwegii
Thinking of setting up a business?
We help you deal with the necessary formalities.
Let us help you and focus on developing your business!
Leave us your phone number - we'll get in touch with you!
Company in Norway Formalities and official matters Credit in Norway
We also invite you to our new tab about running a company in Norway. There you will find all the latest information and answers to the most frequently asked questions in one place!
Go to tab

Company in Norway, frequently asked questions:

1. Is it possible, within one business, to provide services from two unrelated industries?

It is possible, provided that both industries are included in the scope of business. To do so, you need to fill out an application identical to the one used when setting up the company, and you should remember to check the option to update the company's data, and then, under scope of activity, enter the second industry of the company.

2. What is the deadline for reporting an employee to NAV?

By Friday of the following week, after the week in which the employee was hired.

3. Is it possible to establish and operate a business in Norway if you are not registered there? Is it possible to just have a business address without being registered? Is it necessary to have a work permit in this case?

There is a registration requirement if you want to stay in Norway for more than 6 months. You do not need to be registered to run a business, but your business headquarters must have a Norwegian address. Currently, Polish citizens do not need to apply for a work permit.

4. I have a company in Poland, I cooperate with a Norwegian company. My principal from Norway informed me that I should find a resident, because only to his account can he deposit money. What is the issue?

You need to find a VAT representative who will charge and remit VAT for you. Your principal can transfer the money to the resident's account, and the resident transfers the VAT to the tax office, and only transfers the net amount to your account. The representative can be a Norwegian company or a person who has a permanent personal number in Norway.

5. Can enkeltpersonforetak be transferred to a spouse? The company currently has no income, but has valuable goods. I do not want to continue to run it, I would like to transfer it or sell it without any income. Can the business change hands, or does my husband have to set up his own company after all?

Enkeltpersonforetak cannot change ownership. You and your husband can be co-owners of the business and share the annual income - nothing for you, all the income for him. If, on the other hand, you do not want to have a relationship with the company at all, your husband should open his own company. Then you could sell all the goods to him and close your company.

6. If I am a Daglig Leder in Enkeltpersonforetak, I can't hire my spouse. How then to solve this?

It's true that you can't hire him, but running a company together means something else. Formally, you don't have to report it anywhere, you just enter the estimated income from the company in the tax card applications, and the income is divided between the spouses in the annual tax return. This is entered in a separate column - divided by amount or percentage.

7. I have a question. Is there a fee to change the company name? Wanting to change the name of the company, I fill out the Blankett for enkeltpersonforetak form field 1.1 with the old name and 1.2 with the new one?

If the company is registered only in Enhetsregisteret, all changes are free. If it is additionally registered in Foretaksregisteret, the name change costs: NOK 2,250 when the application is submitted electronically, or NOK 2,832 when the application is submitted on paper. If you paid this amount when registering your company, it means that it is registered in Foretaksregisteret. You enter the old name in field 1.1 and the new name in field 1.2.

8. What form is filled out when changing the company name?

The same as when registering a company.

9. I want to open a NUF in Norway. I have a company in Poland. Do I need to translate into Norwegian all documents related to the company in Poland?

Documents need to be translated into Norwegian or English. You need an extract from the register of economic activity (KRS or entry in CEIDG - depending on the legal form of the company in Poland) confirming the company's data.

10. Do AS companies have to pay MVA mandatorily every 2 months, or can they also pay annually?

If the annual turnover does not exceed 1 million kr, they can pay annually.

11. Can I report a car registered as a kombinertbil as a company car, or must it be a varebil?

You can report any car as a company car, but only if it is a varebil can you deduct VAT on fuel purchased.

12. Is it true that teachers are exempt from paying VAT even if they tutor and their income exceeds 50,000 nok?

Undervisning is exempt from VAT, so VAT is also not added on turnover above 50,000 nok. VAT cannot be deducted from business expenses either.

13. In order to deduct VAT, is it necessary to count the sum of VAT from costs, etc. to the declaration, and then count the VAT from invoices issued and calculate the difference?

Yes, but you need to remember that there are costs on which VAT cannot be deducted.

14. By when should you settle the annual VAT?

You must settle by March 10 of the following fiscal year.

15. How is a tax identification number assigned?

In order to grant a company a tax identification number, the entity must be registered with the Enhetsregisteret (Register of Business Entities). Registration is done by filling out the Samordnet registermelding form (BR-1010). It can be filled out electronically at When you want to send a paper application to Brønnøysundregistrene, an application form to fill out can be found at https://www.brreg. no/produkter-og-tjenester/skjemakatalog/ (in the first position in the table) The Register Application (BR-1010) is a standardized, common form for registration in both the Register of Business Entities (Enhetsregisteret) and the Register of Enterprises (Foretaksregisteret), the Register of VAT Payers (Merverdiavgiftsmanntallet), Register of Employers and Employees (NAV Aa-registeret), the Central Bureau of Statistics' Register of Companies and Enterprises (Statistisk sentralbyrås bedrifts- og foretaksregister), the Register of Charitable Institutions (Stiftelsesregisteret) and the list of late-paying taxpayers (Skattemanntallet for etterskuddspliktige).