Norweska firma, Norwegia - informacje+47 239 62 127
Menu Biznes w Norwegii
Thinking of setting up a business?
We help you deal with the necessary formalities.
Let us help you and focus on developing your business!
Leave us your phone number - we'll get in touch with you!
Company in Norway Formalities and official matters Credit in Norway
We also invite you to our new tab on accounting in Norway. There you will find all the latest information and answers to the most frequently asked questions in one place!
Go to tab

Formalities and official matters, frequently asked questions:

1. What is proof that I have paid pension contributions?

Proof of contributions paid is provided by tax returns. Contributions paid under the OTP are paid to the company chosen by the employer. Employers must pay 2% of gross employee wages to the second pillar. It is optional for owners of sole proprietorships. The 11.4% paid by sole proprietors is not paid to any companies. This is the equivalent of the first pillar in Poland.

2. I will be working in Norway for 2 months. Do I need to make a personal number and skattekort?

Your employment contract is for less than 6 months, so you don't report to either Folkeregisteret (you can't get a registration) or the police. Your only obligation is to report to the skatteetaten with your contract and identity document to obtain a tax card. You will then receive a temporary personal number (D-nummer).

3. If you transfer Norwegian benefit to Poland, do you lose benefits for your child?

If one collects Norwegian benefit in Poland on the basis of form E-303, one can then receive family and guardianship benefits. If one collects Polish benefits in Poland on the basis of form E-301, one loses the right to these benefits, since one does not pay Norwegian Social Security.

4. What is likningsverdi?

It is a tax value. It can apply, for example, to a car or real estate. It is calculated based on information published by Skatteetaten.

5. I was employed at a company and delivered there Del1 Skattetort. When I changed jobs, I delivered del2 there (I already know that it is 36%, not the table), because the first company had not yet given me the documents at that time. Because of this, a high tax was deducted from me. Is there a chance to get the money back?

You will get it back next year after the tax return.

6. If you apply for a tax card again, do you need to attach a police-certified copy of your passport? I heard that you can order the card online. How do you do it? Is the application available in a Polish-language version?

If you are once again applying for a tax card, you do not need to attach a copy of your passport. You can order the card online, at this site: You need MinID codes to order the card. Both versions of the application (paper and online) are in Norwegian.

7. Does the losing party in court bear the winning party's attorney's fees?


8. Are days off due to your own wedding paid?

A private employer may or may not pay for velferdspermisjon.

9. How long can a person who works and is registered in Norway stay outside Norway?

If you go abroad for 6 months or longer, you must check out of Norway.

10. Do I create an account on the UDI website in my name or in my husband's name? Do I enter my current or Norwegian address in the "address" field?

It is indifferent in whose name the account will be. The Norwegian address should be entered.

11. is it possible to be registered in Norway without a residence permit and a permanent personal number?

You get a permanent personal number only after you register, but a permit is only necessary for non-EU/EEA/EFTA citizens to register in Norway.

12. Apparently, you can deduct your separation. What does this look like from the legal side?

The daily amount of separation pay is set annually by the Norwegian tax authority. Separation can be deducted if you have a wife or children in Poland, you have a joint registration and you visit your family in Poland at least 3 times during the year .

13. Does a person registered as unemployed become deprived of benefits when he reports to NAV that he has started working?

Unemployment benefits are automatically withheld if a person works more than 50 percent of his or her normal hours for at least six weeks (more than 60 percent for those temporarily laid off).

14. Please provide a link where I can find information on family reunification when a couple is not married.

15. Does the marriage certificate sent to the Sentralskattekontoret for utenlandssaker need to be translated into Norwegian, or is an international Polish-English version sufficient?

In the vast majority of cases, a multilingual certificate will suffice, but the office has the right to request a translation into Norwegian.

16. What formalities do I need to complete to take a canary with me to Norway?

To export caged birds and rodents, you need a permit from Mattilsynet: The form, available in English and Norwegian, contains information on testing and any other formalities you need to complete before exporting your pet to Norway.

17. Is a feriepenger due from maternity? Should I claim it somehow? What should I do to get financial assistance when it comes to housing, living expenses?

Feriepenger from maternity is paid around the end of May, for 12 or 15 weeks of maternity. The office itself has control over this, you don't need to submit any applications. As for the subsidy, you'll have to ask the NAV about the conditions, as each commune has different guidelines. You will need the following documents to apply for the subsidy: employment contract, pay stubs, housing contract and bank statement.

18. I am on sick pay. I have been laid off from my job. Do I have to register with the NAV now if I am on sick pay? Will I get the same sickness benefit, or will it be recalculated based on dagpenger?

You will receive the same amount of benefit. You will need to send your sick leave to the NAV, and only after that will you have to register with the office as unemployed.

19. Should I register as unemployed with NAV only after my doctor has issued me a certificate of fitness for work?

The doctor does not have to issue such a certificate. When your leave runs out and is not renewed, you must register as unemployed. The benefit is about 62.4% of your current income.

20. What is Permittering?

It is a temporary solution for companies with financial difficulties. The employer during this time is exempted from paying wages after 10 days from the implementation of permittering. The exemption cannot exceed a total of 49 weeks in 18 months. After 30 weeks, the employer pays again for five working days, and the next 19 weeks of permittering are paid by NAV. If the company's problems are of a long-term nature - give the employee notice.

21. family allowance is 970 nok - gross or net?

Family allowance is not taxable.

22. Is it possible to combine maternity and "paternity" in such a way that, for example, for one day a week the mother works (20% full-time), and on the same day the father has "paternity"?

Yes. This is called fleksibelt uttak.

23. What is the address of the NAV kontroll? This is about a child support case, one of the parents lives outside of Norway.

NAV Internasjonalt: Postboks 8138, Dep., 0033 Oslo. Telefonnummeret er: 21 07 37 00. Such cases are handled by NAV's international branch.

24. I received an application for 50% permittering from my boss. What formalities should I complete now?

You should register with NAV as a job seeker, you can do this online, and fill out the application for unemployment benefits and send it with the attachments by mail or bring it in person.

25. Do I pay a lower skatt if I am a single father?

Single parents in the annual return (Skattemeldingen) benefit from a deduction in box 3.5.5. Særfradrag for enslige forsørgere. The maximum deduction from income changes every year. In 2017, it is NOK 51,804 per year. Current deduction rates are available at:

26. Does the lower skatt if you have a child also apply to diaper expenses, pharmacy bills, etc.?

It's not matter, so no.

27. Do I have to register somewhere if I already have a job in Norway, Skattekort and D-nummer?

Citizens from EU countries can start working right away, they no longer need to apply for a residence permit, but they should register with UDI at an appointment at the nearest police station or Servicesenter for utenlandske arbeidstakere (in Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen or Kirkenes). During this visit, the employee should identify himself with his passport and show his employment contract and rental agreement. The certificate (Registreringsbevis) is free of charge and valid indefinitely.

28. I have earned an amount that entitles me to benefits. According to the Immigration Law of 2010, I did not have to obtain a residence permit. I am no longer working. I wanted to register now, but I was told that I would not be able to do so without a residence permit. I can't get a permit because I no longer have a work contract. Do I have to have a residence permit if I want to register?

You don't have to have a permit, but you were required to register and obtain a Registreringsbevis, which is necessary for registration. Registreringsbevis is issued to people who have a contract of employment for at least 3 months or run their own business.

29. I would like to find a job. Where should I go first, what documents or permits should I apply for?

First you need to find a job. Then you should register at, fill out the registration application and print it out. With this application, your passport and employment contract, go to the police department to pick up your Registreringbevis. With the Registreringbevis, go to the Tax Office to get your personal number and tax card.

30. Is it possible to make a Norwegian identity card?

There is no such document as an ID card in Norway. Norwegians abroad use a passport, and at home they use a driver's license or bank card with a photo. Foreigners can use a passport, an ID card/proof from their home country, a driver's license that meets EU requirements and a Norwegian bank card with a photo.

31. I'm about to go on maternity leave. What documents do I need to submit to NAV? How is the maternity amount calculated?

The documents you need are a completed application and an income form, filled out by your employer. Usually, maternity is as much as the employer enters in this form.

32. When I am a bachelor, do I pay more tax than when I am married?

You can pay the same contributions being married and being a bachelor. You will pay less tax when your spouse's earnings are low enough to receive tax class 2. The earnings threshold, which cannot be exceeded to receive class 2, is set annually by Skatteetaten (Tax Office). Income from Poland is then converted into Norwegian kroner.

33. How long does parental leave last?

Parents are entitled to parental leave during the first year of their child's life, and the leave of both parents combined may not exceed one year. In addition, each parent is entitled to a maximum of 1 year of unpaid leave for each child. This leave must be taken immediately after maternity or paternity.

34. What documents do I need to submit to NAV to get dagpenger?

A completed application for dagpenger, a resume, documents from the employer: employment contract, notice of termination and a document from NAV on the reason for dismissal from the employer should be registered through the website:

35. I am applying for dagpenger. When do I submit the e303 form - after receiving the decision or together with dagpenger? Do I have to be in Norway within 3 weeks waiting for the decision?

You should apply for dagpenger first. You don't have to be in Norway, but if you leave, you won't get paid for that period because you are not actively looking for work. After the dagpenger decision, you collect the benefit for 4 weeks. After that time you apply for e303.

36. Can I take a "holiday" in Poland while my dagpenger application is being processed?

Yes. During the period of "holidays" NAV does not pay dagpenger.

37. How do I quickly get an additional birth certificate for my child in Norway?

Call 800 80 000 or go in person to the office.

38. Who pays for the first two weeks of "paternity"?


39. Can I register as unemployed only one month after being laid off?


40. I work in Norway, my wife lives in Poland, we are expecting our second child. Am I entitled to "paternity" if my wife lives in Poland? Am I entitled to any days off for the period immediately after the birth of the second child?

12 weeks of "paternity" is not due, because the wife has not earned the right to maternity in Norway. You are entitled to 2 weeks of leave in connection with the birth, but whether it is paid depends on your contract with your employer.

41. if it is known that the employment contract will not be renewed, can one register with NAV earlier? Is it necessary to register in person?

You can register as early as 3 weeks in advance, either online or by sending the registration by regular mail.

42. How often do I have to visit Poland to take advantage of the benefits of pendler status?

For a single pendler, you must visit Poland every 3 weeks. The requirement for a pendler with a family in Poland is min. 3 trips per year, but it is best to have 4-5 trips, then it is more certain that the pendler status will be granted.

43. Can I cross the Polish-Norwegian border with an ID card, or do I need a passport?

The documents that entitle a citizen of a member state of the European Union and the European Economic Area to cross the borders between these countries are: a valid passport or other document proving the citizenship and identity of the traveler.

44. I am about to give birth to a child in Poland. I would like to collect documents for child benefit. From it appears that I need:

- a completed application for family benefits from NAV;
- a certificate from Poland confirming that the child for whom I am applying for benefits is mine (birth certificate);
- employment contract;
- a document, such as a tax card, containing a Norwegian personal number.

45. Do I need any document to prove that I am registered together with my child? Do you need to translate the documents?

If the child lives outside of Norway then a certificate of joint registration with the child is needed. If the child lives in Norway, the NAV checks this on its own. The certificate needs to be translated with a sworn translator into English or Norwegian.

46. I work in Norway. I would like my wife and children to come to me as soon as possible. My wife has a job offer, but only after she gets a personal number. What can be done to make this take place as soon as possible? Can my wife get a residence permit and a personal number because of my contract?

Yes. When you have a signed contract and a personal number, you can carry out family reunification. Then your wife and children will get personal numbers.

47. What is Altinn?

Altinn is an online portal, jointly operated by, among others, Brønnøysundregisteret and the General Tax Office, which is used for reporting to the authorities. On the portal's website: you can submit forms to the Tax Authority. This can be used to make VAT settlements, tax returns, tax settlements, and settlements of timely social security contributions and advance tax payments, among other things. Forms can also be submitted to other public offices. For an overview of all forms available on the Altinn portal, visit: For more information on Tax Authority forms, visit

48. Who must have a tax identification number and why?

A tax identification number (i.e. Organisasjonsnummer) is required for all entities doing business in Norway or on the Norwegian shelf. This also applies to companies that only employ people working in Norway. The number identifies legal persons (entities) and is necessary, among other things, to fulfill legal obligations to public authorities, such as when paying advance tax payments, insurance premiums and VAT. Not only do public authorities require a tax identification number when settling obligations, it is also needed when dealing with banks and other financial institutions, such as when opening a bank account. On all company documents, the entity is obliged to always state the tax identification number.